Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bali Escapade Part 6

Tripadvisor recommended that Jimbaran is to be visited in the evening to enjoy the sunset. But I figured I do not have much time in my 4 days 3 nights Bali holiday. Decided to go there during lunch. Bali is synonymous to beaches and in my 4 days 3 nights, Jimbaran is the only beach I went to, and i did not even touch the sand. This shot was taken while sitting in Menaga Cafe.
Yes yes I know... Bali without beaches, what were you thinking?! Maybe because I have rode almost an hour in the sun and the thought of being in the sun again...

It does not help that I have something against sun block, hate the feeling it leaves on my skin after. My wife kept urging me to splash on the sun block but I said no.

Anyway, users of tripadvisor has been raving about Menaga Cafe and its 2 person set. $420,000 rupiah gets you 1 lobster, 1 fish, 6 sotong, 6 clams, 2 drinks, plain rice and kang kong!

 $53 Sing dollars! Shiok! We could not even finish the spread. The bbq seafood with the sauces was fantastic! The smoky flavour of the bbq blended with the sauces, heaven! Had a cup of Bali coffee to finish the meal. Bali coffee has this distinct unfiltered coffee beans that will sink to the bottom when left undisturbed. Then you drink the coffee and finishing it just before you reach the bottom. I love it!

We planned to go shopping but the heat was getting to us. The thought of soaking in the pool is now so much more appealing, though I still wanted to stop by Harley Davidson. Decided we will stop by Harley then go back to the villa, come out only after the sun has set abit. 

We got back to the villa and the first thing I did, changed into my swim wear and dived into the pool. Accidentally rubbed my forearms against the pool wall and I knew I needed sun block tomorrow.

As I was lazing in the pool, the sky turned ominously black. I recalled the driver of my airport transfer telling me that it usually rains in the night. Quickly looked at the time, its about 4pm, thought to myself that from my experience this rain should be here and gone by the time dinner comes. I was half right..

No comments:

Post a Comment