Monday, November 26, 2012

Bali Escapade Part 4

After having a great dinner and getting back to our villa, I had asked my wife where she wanted to go the next day and she mentioned Uluwatu. A quick surf on the internet revealed it was on the southern tip of Bali. Google maps also revealed Jimbaran was along the route to Uluwatu. Made a quick plan that we will visit Uluwatu and  have lunch at Jimbaran before heading to Kuta for some shopping. Keyed in all the places into my GPS. Continued surfing on the tripadvisor on which warung to go for seafood on Jimbaran.

Did I mention I love the internet. The whole trip have been planned online. The places recommended by peers on trip advisor. The journeys planned on Google Maps. And the new google on Android (and maybe the iphone) is fantastic! It knew I was overseas. It immediately gave me 3 very important 'cards' on my google homepage.

1) the places i have searched before: tells me how far I am and how long it will take me and if there are any delays along the route

2) gave me the exchange rate for rupiah to sing

3) gave me a card to translate from english to bahasa indonesia and vice versa!

It also has recommended place to visit on the page. i was blown away, whatever you need as a traveler is there on google homepage! Well done google! All shopping and dining bills is immediately converted back to Sing at our finger tips! If only google Navigate can also be available there, would have been fabulous.

Morning came and after breakfast that was served in the villa we set off to Uluwatu. From the GPS it said it was about 25km and will take about 40 mins. We walked over to the scooter turned the key and started the bike to warm it up. In the mean time my wife was putting on her shower cap before putting on the grubby helmet they provided. Guess being a guy I did not bother or I have been through worst at SSDC when I was getting my bike license before. But the plus point was it did not smell.

Off we went on our 2nd day's adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment