Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bali Escapade Part 3

I have spent half a day in Bali and it has been eventful. Just want to relax a bit, cool down from the scorching afternoon sun before heading out. I was also thinking that since this is our private villa with pool, make full use of it!

But I must say a dip in the pool was great! Relaxed on the lounge chair, sipping coffee... Then I realised I haven't seen my wife coming out for sometime and decided to take a peek. She was sleeping! Sleep?! We came all the way to Bali and sleep? (then again I must say it is quite good not waking up at night because of baby cries). Well at least it gave me time to plan what to do next.

Whatsapp a friend who gave me a name card of a particular restaurant he insisted I must try when I was in Bali. He strongly recommended the flying gurame and the oxtail soup. He whatsapped me the name card, keyed it into the GPS on my jail broken iphone (which is now my travel phone and GPS) and waited for my wife to wake.

Continued surfing on tripadvisor on what to visit in Bali (wanted to dive but figured next time). And when my wife finally woke we took the scooter out to Kuta for dinner at Pawon Pasundan. My friend was spot on with the Flying Gurame and ox tail soup. Fabulous! The soup was surprisingly not salty! The spread we had. The Flying Gurame that is fried gurami fish, butterflied then fried to a crisp. Even the bones were edible! Perfect! Went back to the villa and planned for our next day's trip. More adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment