Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bali Escapade Part 13

It was our last day in Bali and we have not bought any souvenirs or anything for ourselves. 2 attempted trips to a particular outlet store was futile. They have either closed down or moved to another location. This store is called Kampung Bali, anybody with the information of this store please let me know.

Went through the internet and found this Krisna place. Asked the receptionist they also recommended Krisna. Asked her for directions she not sure. Decided to follow what the GPS says. She reminded us that our airport transfer is coming at 4pm and be back at the resort by 3.30pm. So kiasu, thought Singaporeans then kiasu. Then again, maybe too many of their guest have forgotten the time while shopping and late back for their transfer.

Followed the GPS and lo and behold we foud Krisna. Krisna sells all the souvenirs you can find in Bali, from fridge magnets to board shorts to peanuts and the place they were at: Huge! First section, FOOD! They sell a lot of peanuts I must say and coffee. Went around looking for stuff to bring for my coffee kakis (and if you guys are reading this, I have to check if there's still some more :P). Bought some Bali coffee for my own consumption.

We bought slippers, fridge magnets, clothes and small little trinkets for the kids. We threw all the shopping into basket that were provided, they looked exactly like those at NTUC. As we were going through one of the sections, from the corner of my eye, I noticed something really familiar: The Fan! I tugged at my wife and gestured towards the direction of the fans. She walked over and picked up one of the fans. She looked at me with a look and said: $4,000. Yeap, we paid 2 for $20,000. At first, I feel damn cheated but after some calculations it ain't that bad. In reality the difference is about $1.50 sing. My wife commented maybe we should buy more to average down the price. Hahaha! Ya she kena influenced by my investment strategies.

After we were done, we were carrying the basket which was full, to the cashier when suddenly, I remembered we are riding a scooter! How to carry?! Figured we could just hang the plastic bag on the handle bar. But we also have another problem. We had shared 1 luggage and the shopping will not have space to squeeze everything in. But we were pleasantly surprise when they asked whether we wanted to pack our shopping in a box. Sure! The box was nicely taped and tied to allow easy check in at the airport. Best!

When I carried the box it did not feel very heavy, my wife said she will carry the box while I rode back except that I have to be careful as the box is sticking out from the left. We wanted lunch but figured we cannot go anywhere with a box, figured we will go back leave the box down and go back out for lunch. My friends have always commented I have 老人痴呆 or dementia. Well, yes I totally forgot about the box while we were riding back. The box actually scrape another vehicle on the way back. Fortunately there was no big incident.

After we put down the box, we went to Warung Made's for lunch, another place recommended on tripadvisor but nothing to crow about. Went back to the resort about 3.45pm. Still have to wait what...

At 4pm the transfer came and we were driven to the airport. The streets were clear and we made it to the airport in 30 mins. Another 2 hrs and 30 mins to kill in the airport. Had coffee and doughnuts at cut-throat prices. And when we were on the plane home, we were happy knowing that we will see our family back home.

How can you not be happy coming home to this:

But, we will be back Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment