Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

Last day of 2012 and we survived the end of the world. We had a year of sex scandals, uncertain economic conditions, crazy road and industrial accidents, natural disasters, civil unrest around the world and doomsday prophesies.

It is time today to relook at 2012 and pray for those that are affected. It is today where you give thanks knowing you are safe and looking forward to 2013.

Today, you think about the people who you care and love and give thanks knowing they are safe and sound too. Who are these people? They are the people that if your phone rings at 3am at night and they tell you they are in trouble you will go all out to help them and you know they will do the same if you called them at 3am.

And if you know who these people are you may want to forward them this post just to let them know you appreciate them. (If your friend forwarded this post to you, they want you to know you are appreciated.)

I want to take this opporunity to give thanks to my parents that have been supportive of everything I do. I remembered a post I have seen on Facebook about the relationship between a pencil and an eraser is like the relationship between parents and children. I write my mistakes and they erase them no matter what. The relationship between a parent and a child is probably the only unconditional one. No matter how bad your mistakes, they will still love you, unless you have shot them in the face like the crazy person in the Newtown shooting.

I want to give thanks to my siblings that also have been supportive and understanding. Thank you for doing the things that I may not have done as a son to our parents. I apologise for not doing the things as a brother too.

My wife, thank you for believing and supporting in all my decisions. Thank you for believing that I will be a good financial adviser when others have shunned me. Thank you for taking care of things at home and giving me a great family. I know its not easy taking care of the kids (I know I am a kid at times).

Thank you all the great friends I have. You know who you are. Putting up with my sh*t at times. Thank you all my clients and prospects that have given me the the trust and opportunity to serve them.

Last but not least:

Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?client=mv-google&v=0dcbw4IEY5w&rdm=mfca6b1uj


So what are your plans in 2013? Have you taken the steps today towards what you want to achieve in 2013 or the future? Have you stopped today and smell the roses before it is too late?

Have a great 2013! May all your dreams be fulfilled in the year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment