Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bali Escapade Part 12

After spending a day in Ubud and almost getting lost cos of a dead batt in my GPS, I relaxed in the pool before dinner. Still had the crispy duck in my head and searched for crispy duck on the internet. Found one particular warung that is offering it too near Seminyak. Decided thats for dinner.

This warung is called Warung Europa and the crispy duck they serve, very crispy. Well I cannot comment much as I did not have the original one at Ubud but I must say it is actually very good. We had a duck dinner, fried rice with crispy duck, salad with crispy duck and after the dinner I wanted coffee.
Went to Seminyak Square, its a swanky place with many cafes and restaurant. We sat down at Black Canyon Coffee and chilled. Right in front of us was a video wall, it was playing retro music with MV. Wow! Once upon a time DJs spun music from records and mashed up songs for people to dance too, nowadays the mashed up songs are done with music videos! Thats what I call moving forward. I could have sat there the whole night reminiscing the times I go to Zouk's mambo jambo, except that after awhile I realise it was on a loop... Boring! There is so many times I can listen to Ace of Base, The Sign! And I have overkilled it on my car stereo myself then. Yes I was young before too, yes I know its Ace of Base.. But it was happy music!

My holiday in Bali is coming to an end and I felt that there was still so many things not done or seen! I haven't even been to any of the beaches, except Jimbaran which was only for lunch! Those of you who have been to Bali and never been on the beach, put your hands in the air and shake them like you just don't care... Damn I think I am alone...

I am flying back the next day and there was still shopping to be done, things to see and beaches to chill on. There's still Tanah Lot to go to and Ku De Ta to be seen at. Guess it will be have to be on the next trip. My wife commented she will want to come back to Bali again, my sentiments exactly.

Bali had been fun, people we met have been great. Places we visited have been awesome! Service staff at restaurants are commendable. It has been a short holiday and we planned it this way. We have left kids behind and now also happy that we are going home to see them. I was glad I had installed an IP cam at home. I was able to see my baby even while in Bali. My mother in law had also came out from Malaysia, just to keep an eye out on the maid with baby.

Changes to adapt to being a dad, no more being spontaneous about everything. Everything planned and executed. So for those friends out there that have not seen me for ages, I apologise.

For now, we have to go back, pack and plan for our last minute shopping tomorrow morning before heading to the airport. And our last minute shopping was where we found out the true price for our fans..

No comments:

Post a Comment