Friday, January 18, 2013

2nd Leg Again

I have just resigned after my manager threatened me by asking me to leave. I start work at another bank in the mobile sales team and taking a pay cut to join this team but I know less salary means more commission.
The new bank was family oriented. They have not gotten their qualified full branch license and therefore had branches in obscure places.

I remembered on my first few days of joining I closed $80,000 worth of investments and it was cheered! While at the older bank it was jeered and probably spat on... stepped on and spat on again.

The team was new and many of the colleagues I had was fresh graduates just joining the workforce. The dynamics was fantastic and work did not feel like work anymore.

I looked forward to going to work again and hate it when it was time to go home. We stayed back in the office to do calls challenging each other with the most number of appointments made.

Roadshows were fun too! Sure or not? Roadshow? Yes! We practically was trying ways and means to get to talk to anyone before each other but it was fun!

You cannot believe how much people are enjoying work while getting paid $1,000 basic. 

I eventually got promoted as sales manager there. The team worked on a needs based approach. We started moving away from closed ended products that gave protection or guarantee on the capital. We started to focus on open ended investment products as it gave much better returns than closed ended ones. 

I started to study how the green and red arrows you see at the corner of any news channel affect my investments. I started to get a finer grasp of how world macro and microeconomics affected investments. I started appreciating economics while in school I use to question why we bothered what happened anywhere else but here. I knew how certain events affected equities and made phenomenal returns from Asian countries.

I became an advocate for investments and mind you I mean investments not speculation.


No comments:

Post a Comment